Thursday, July 2, 2009

Interview with FSX riders Jostein Stenberg, Mads Ekra & Daniel Lundberg

When the snowmobile riders visited Fonna to ride backcountry and practice their jumping skills, we sat down with three of the guys; Jostein Stenberg (JS), Mads Ekra (ME) and Daniel Lundberg (DL), to have a few words:

Where are you guys from?
JS: Okksund in Norway
ME: Kongsberg in Norway
DL: Älvsbyn in Sweden.

For how long have you been riding snowmobile?
JS: Four to five years.
ME: Seven years.
DL: Four years.

How come you ended up with this crazy stuff, doing tricks on the snowmobiles?
JS: I ride motocross also, and I wanted to ride in the winter as well (Jostein is actually one of only three guys in the world to pull off a backflip both on bike and snowmobile).
ME: I have always been into motorsport, this came as a natural progression.
DL: I normally race with snowmobiles, and haven't done much tricks, but I have pulled of a backflip when riding backcountry.

Do you have any favorite tricks?
JS: Double seatgrab.
ME: Not really.
DL: I was tricked into coming here, I have never tried jumping on a ramp before.

What's the worst thing that happened to you while riding?
JS: Nothing serious, a couple of broken ribs and a broken collarbone.
ME: Worst thing is when I broke my back. Other than that I have had plenty of injuries. I just took of the cast from my wrists three days ago.
DL: When racing, I once broke two fetlocks.

What tricks are you practicing on at the moment?
JS: I work a lot to get my double seatgrab really clean, and I also practice different backflip combinations such as the backflip no-hander.
ME: Nothing in particular. I'd like to nail the backflip, though.
DL: This is my first time doing this, and I am riding on a borrowed snowmobile. My plan is to survive.

What do you think about Fonna?
JS: It's awesome to be here. It's also the only place where we can practice during summer.
ME: It's an adventure, the backcountry was perfect.
DL: We had to ride 1500 kms to get here, but it was worth it, cuz this place is f***in sick!

The guys are putting together a film with the backcountry riding from Folgefonna and once we get hold of it, we will of course publish it for your pleasure. To learn more what these guys are up to when they are not shredding in Fonna, check them out at Ridefree.

No comments:

Post a Comment