Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Interview with Anders Backe

We took the opportunity to have a few words with one of our camp coaches, pro-jibber Anders Backe. He is a really down to earth guy with sick skills on the skis. Here is an opportunity to learn a little more about him:

When where you born and where?
I was born in 1986 and grew up in a little place called Vikersund.

How long have you been riding skis?
I started riding alpine at the age of eight. After two years I switched to ski jumping and did that for about eight years. Once I discovered jibbing I was immediately hooked, and I have been doing that for the last five years.

What's your favorite trick?
Switch 540 true tail.

Is there any specific trick you wanna nail?
I'm working on a switch double 1080. I really need a big jump to pull that off.

What about injuries?
The worst thing that happened to me actually went down earlier this year. It was in March, and I was riding in Trysil. I managed to land on my neck on the flat of the jump. I had to spend two days in the hospital before I could get back on the skis again.

Do you have any favorite spots?
That would be Breckenridge in Colorado, US. Their park was really smooth and the weather was super nice when I was there.
What are your plans for the future?
I want to ski even more and be able to do that for as long as I can.

Any skiers you admire?
That would be Jon Olsson. I am actually on his team now, which is really cool.

What do you think about Fonna?
It's really smooth. You get up in the morning to ride a sick park. When you're back from the park in the afternoon you can walk around in shorts, enjoy a barbeque and just chill.

What do you do when you don't ski?
I hang out with my friends, hit the gym to stay in shape, and work with my sponsors.

Could you share any tips on how to become a good jibber?
Train a lot, never give up, and have fun!

When is your first competition for the coming season?
That will be in September at Freestyle.ch in Zürich, Switzerland.

We are happy to have Anders on the camp, and we wish him the best of luck in his career! For more info on what Anders is up to, check out his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment